You can request repeat medication in one of three ways:
- Using our Online Patient Access Service (please speak to reception if you are not already registered for this service);
- Handing in the computer generated Repeat Slip or a note that includes you name, address, date of birth and medication required to reception.
- By post (note: if you would also like us to return the prescription to you by post, please provide a stamped addressed envelope).
We do not accept requests over the telephone or via any High Street or Online pharmacies.
Please allow two full working days for your Repeat Prescription Form to be ready at the surgery or to be sent to the Pharmacy electronically. Dispensing your prescription takes extra time so please speak to your pharmacy directly about their turnaround time. (Note: for Brill and Long Crendon patients, this is 24 hours, and therefore in total it takes three working days from the time of your request for a medication to be ready for collection.)
If you have asked for items that are not on your repeat prescription medication list your request may take longer to process and the GP may wish to speak to you.
If you are housebound and ordering your prescription is difficult, please speak to reception as we do have other options for patients who cannot come to the surgery at all.
Chinnor, Princes Risborough and Thame surgeries:
You will be given a paper prescription to take to a pharmacy of your choice or you can use the Electronic Prescription Service and nominate any pharmacy and then your prescriptions will go directly there via the NHS electronic system. Unfortunately Private Prescriptions cannot be sent electronically.
Long Crendon and Brill surgeries:
A dispensing service is available for patients living within the eligible area so your medications will be prepared for you in the surgery. Please see additional information in relation to the dispensing service below.
Long Crendon and Brill Dispensaries
Please allow a minimum of 3 working days for your prescription request to be processed.
If you need to talk to a member of the dispensary team, the receptionist can place you on their telephone list for a call back within that working day.
Note: as a general rule, we can dispense hospital prescriptions unless it clearly states on the prescription that it cannot be fulfilled by your GP surgery and therefore should be collected from the hospital pharmacy. Please do take the time to check before leaving hospital.
Some reminders for patients:
- Take a few minutes to check your medication before leaving the surgery. We cannot take them back if you realise a mistake has been made after returning home.
- Let us know in advance if you are planning on going away for any length of time that means you need extra medication or an early issue.
- Order your medication enough in advance that you will not run out.
- It takes 3 working days to fulfil your prescription. Don’t count weekends, half day closing and public holidays when working out when you would need to put in your repeat prescription.
Repeat Prescription Requests – 3 working days
This is a guideline for prescription request turnaround. We will endeavour to work to this time frame.
|Repeat Prescription Requested||Meds Ready for Collection|
|After 6pm on Friday or over the weekend||Thursday|
|Monday before 6pm||Thursday|
|Tuesday before 6pm||Friday|
|Wednesday before 6pm (BRILL) Wednesday before 1pm (L.C)||Monday|
|Thursday before 1pm (BRILL) Thursday before 6pm (L.C)||Tuesday|
|Friday before 6pm||Wednesday|