Practice nurses and health care assistants are available for consultation at all 5 surgeries. They provide a range of services:
- Treatment of leg ulcers
- Blood tests, ECGs and investigations
- Travel advice and vaccinations
- Cervical smears
- Contraceptive checks and assisting with the fitting of IUCDs
- Minor illness
- Management of long term conditions including diabetes, asthma,
- chronic heart disease and COPD
- Other referrals from doctors
Appointments are booked through reception.
Emergency, on the day advice, or treatment for an urgent medical problem is provided by our nurse practitioner in the Minor Illness Clinic which runs from Monday to Friday. Either telephone or face to face consultations are available, depending on the severity of the problem.