This is a part-time vacancy, offering approximately 25 hours per week
An exciting opportunity has arisen within our friendly and forward thinking General Practice Surgery to join our nursing team. We are a 10 Partner, 5 site GMS practice located in Buckinghamshire with a growing patient list size of over 21,000 patients.
We are looking for an exceptional nurse who wants to join an innovative and forward-thinking team, is committed to maintaining a high standard of patient care and is continually open to professional and personal development.
You will be responsible for all areas of practice nursing as well as more specialist skills including long term condition management and health promotion.
This post is open ideally to an established Practice Nurse with experience in Long Term Condition management, however nurses who wish to embark on a new career in Practice Nursing will also be considered. Training and development will be provided for the right candidate should you not immediately match the criteria as detailed within the job description/person specification.
The main clinical responsibilities of the role are to:
- Implement and evaluate individual treatment plans for patients with a known long-term condition.
- Undertake annual review and provide support to patients in understanding their long-term condition and ability to self-manage using a care and support planning approach.
- Identify and manage as appropriate, treatment plans for patients at risk of developing a long-term condition.
- Implement and participate in vaccination and immunisation programmes for both adults and children.
- Advise, support and where appropriate, administer vaccinations for travelling abroad.
- Support and manage health needs of women presenting for cervical cytology screening.
- Assess and care for patients presenting with wounds.
- Undertake procedures such as phlebotomy, ECGs, urinalysis, stitch/staple removal.
- Contribute to maintaining disease registers and managing patient cohorts.
The Nursing Team
Within the team there are two lead nurses, six practice nurses, one of whom is also a nurse prescriber and seven HCAs.
We are a five site practice and each team member generally works over two of these sites.
We are a friendly, hardworking and close knit team. We hold monthly whole nurse team meetings and throughout the year we have regular respiratory and diabetes multi-disciplinary team meetings.
The practice is very supportive of the nurse’s professional development.
The closing date for applications is 21st August 2021
If you would like to apply for the role, please go to www.jobs.nhs.uk