There is a national drive to urgently administer COVID booster vaccines to all adults. Over the festive period Unity Health and Cross Keys surgery will be working hard to deliver 1000’s of booster vaccines at our vaccination clinic in the Princes Risborough Community Centre (HP27 9AX).
Due to the urgency of this national task we will be less able to deliver our normal GP services and we may need to contact you to postpone any pre-booked appointments but we will still be able to assist patients with urgent matters.
We have sent a text invites to all our patients aged over 18 and that have received their 2nd COVID vaccine more than 3 months ago. We will also be phoning those who do not have a mobile number saved to their medical record. We will be adding new clinics daily over the next couple of weeks and these will be appointments to book to have your vaccine within the next day or 2. If you click on the link and there are no available appointments or none at a time you can make, please keep checking the link morning, night and day and you will get booked in for the immediate future!!
How can you help us?
- Please book via the link you receive in our text invite ASAP. If you do not have a smart phone, please forward the link to someone with a smart phone who can book the appointment for you.
- If you have an appointment booked elsewhere, please check the link as we can most likely get you booked in sooner. If you would rather keep your appointment at another centre, please decline our invite by clicking on the link. This will allow us to manage how many patients we have left to vaccinate and how many staff to pull away from GP work to vaccinate in the clinic.
- If you are unsure if you can have the vaccine please still make an appointment, you will be pre-screened at your appointment and any concerns can be discussed with our clinical lead. Should we have any concerns that you should not be given a booster vaccine, we will arrange a referral to the appropriate service to investigate (Unity Health and Cross Key patients only).
- If you click on the link and there are no available appointments or none available at a time you can make, please keep checking the link morning, night and day and you will get booked in for the immediate future!
- If you are unable to attend your COVID vaccine appointment please use the link the cancel and rebook ASAP, please try not to call reception to cancel your appointment, this will help prevent vaccine wastage.
- Please do not call reception to book a COVID vaccination appointment, we have a separate team managing the COVID vaccine bookings and we will be phoning those who do not have a mobile number saved to their medical record.
- If you have emailed us or left a message regarding a COVID vaccine query, please do not chase for a response, we will get back to you.
- Lastly, please be patient with us, we are all trying our utmost best given the very difficult circumstances. Our receptionists are there to answer the phones, they may not have the answer to your vaccine query as the national guidance is fluid but they will pass your query on to the appropriate member of staff who will contact you ASAP, this will likely be a little longer than usual.