Vacancy for an Urgent Care Practitioner
- Flexible hours up to 37 hours per week for the right candidate
- Brill, Chinnor, Long Crendon, Princes Risborough & Thame
An exciting opportunity has arisen within our friendly and forward thinking General Practice Surgery. We are a 10 Partner, 5 site GMS practice located in Buckinghamshire with a growing patient list size of almost 22K patients. We have an interesting mix of semi-rural and town demographic. As a Training Practice, we are focused on continuous improvement, innovation and the on-going development of the Practice and our team members.
We are looking to recruit a Nurse Practitioner or Paramedic to join our supportive and friendly clinical team. You will be working as part of the clinical team alongside our current Nurse Practitioners in the busy Urgent Care clinic. The post involves assessing, investigating and treating a wide variety of patients via telephone assessment and face to face consultations. You will also, under the supervision of GPs, carry out home visits.
Continuing professional education is important and there will be regular clinical supervision and professional development meetings with the nurse team lead and/or a GP mentor.
We see this role as being an integral part of the practice team; attendance at clinical/educational meetings and further professional development is positively encouraged.
To apply please send a CV and covering letter via email to: email@example.com
Closing date for applications: Monday 2nd March 2020
Job Description – Urgent Care Practitioner
Practice Nurse Vacancy
This is a part-time vacancy, offering around 25-28 hours per week
An exciting opportunity has arisen within our friendly and forward thinking General Practice Surgery to join our nursing team. We are a 10 Partner, 5 site GMS practice located in Buckinghamshire with a growing patient list size of over 21,000 patients.
We are looking for an exceptional nurse who wants to join an innovative and forward-thinking team, is committed to maintaining a high standard of patient care and is continually open to professional and personal development.
You will be responsible for all areas of practice nursing as well as more specialist skills including long term condition management and health promotion.
This post is open to both experienced practice nurses and nurses who wish to embark on a new career in Practice Nursing. Training and development will be provided for the right candidate should you not immediately match the criteria as detailed within the job description/person specification.
The main clinical responsibilities of the role are to:
- Implement and evaluate individual treatment plans for patients with a known long-term condition.
- Undertake annual review and provide support to patients in understanding their long-term condition and ability to self-manage using a care and support planning approach.
- Identify and manage as appropriate, treatment plans for patients at risk of developing a long-term condition.
- Implement and participate in vaccination and immunisation programmes for both adult and children.
- Advise, support and where appropriate, administer vaccinations for travelling abroad.
- Support and manage health needs of women presenting for cervical cytology screening
- Assess and care for patients presenting with wounds.
- Undertake procedures such as phlebotomy, ECGs, urinalysis, stich/staple removal.
- Contribute to maintaining disease registers and managing patient cohorts
The nursing team
Within the team, there are two lead nurses, five practice nurses, one of whom is also a nurse prescriber, a nurse practitioner and four HCAs.
We are a five site practice and each team member generally works over two of these sites.
We are a friendly, hardworking and close knit team. We hold monthly whole nurse team meetings and throughout the year we have regular respiratory and diabetes multi-disciplinary team meetings.
The practice is very supportive of the nurses’ professional development.
The closing date for applications is 21st October 2020.
If you would like to apply for the role, please complete the application form and email it together with your CV to: firstname.lastname@example.org